Oh, Muse, you’re such a fickle friend,
the times I want to hear you most
You love to sulk and hide.
Just when I’ve come to accept your trends,
You rouse me from a perfect sleep
to say, “Hello, it’s me, can we spend some time?”
Oh, I’ve had my share of fickle dates, then
decided, “Enough of this!” But, you,
my fickle friend, I can never cast aside.
So go ahead, play with me, have your way,
I’ll gladly pay the price, for when
you come arousing me, sweet ecstasy we find.
-Donald R. Sansbury, 2013
- NaPoWriMo-day 12 challenge, (www.napowrimo.net)
- ENOUGH (an un-love poem, NaPoWriMo-day 10 challenge) (sansburydr.wordpress.com)
- Tickling the Muse (mdkelleher.wordpress.com)
- Fickle Child (dreamsyoufollowinspirationyouswallow.wordpress.com)
- Thematic Topic: The Fickleness of Young Love (ltp2013rnunez.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter to the Muse (rmbenson.wordpress.com)